Most people assume that Social Media sharing is easy and can be done in a matter of seconds. Yet many bloggers find that it requires quite a bit of time and effort to do. We’ll share with you a few tricks of the trade that will help you make the most out of your efforts to market your blog on Social Media platforms.
Best Social networks for promoting your blog
Firstly you need to identify your target audience. Who are they? What are they reading about? What do they care about? From this you will be able to decide which platforms are going to be best for you to post.
Currently the most popular social networks in no particular order are:
- Google +
If your blog is focused around professional readers and business you might have more potential traffic from LinkedIn and or Google+. If your target reader is more visual it might make more sense to focus solely on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.
Once your blog starts to pick up speed with users you will be able to use analytics to help guide you with regards to which social platforms do in fact work best for your blog.
Do’s & Don’ts for blog promotion:
- Always include links to your blog on all social media profiles
- Use an event/social calendar to plan your blog and social media posts
- Creates a relationship between blog and social media platform, which is beneficial for strategic future planning.
- It will become easier to track as well as measure your blog’s progress online.
- Don’t “sell yourself” online
- Starting posts with “read my blog” or “new blog post” may be strong call to actions but can also be a turnoff for the reader. Remember most consumers are online to relax and have fun – intrigue the consumer with your title, talk about the idea/theme of post.
- Maximum usage for “self” posts should be around 10-20%
- Use Social Media to build relationships
- Create your online persona and share details about it, make yourself relatable to the reader. Being personable online will make you easily accessible to brands and potential partners.
- When readers come across your profile they instantly want to know more about you, always include links to your social pages.
- Be a networker. When people comment on a post, always “like” the comment and answer back promptly. Always make it a great experience to visit your page.
- Play nicely with other bloggers online, good faithful relationships can lead to a wide variety of opportunities including guest blogger posts, potential partnerships etc.
It is key to always listen to your audience, figure out exactly what they are looking for and be able to provide them with the information exclusively. Be the blogger that starts the conversation online before any other blogger – remember to always be active and sociable online in order to achieve success and get your blog noticed online.